OneWed.com, Guest Author
When you think of memorable moments from your wedding, you don’t want your uncle’s DUI arrest to be one of them! Let your wedding guests relax and party without worrying about who the designated driver is by making sure that you have transportation to get them safely from the reception site to the hotel.
1. If you can afford it, hire a shuttle company to run shuttles to and from the wedding reception at specific hours. For example, if your reception is from 6:00 to 11:00 p.m. you might have shuttles leaving the hotel (or ceremony site) at 5:45 p.m., 6:00 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. Then, have shuttles returning to the hotel at 9:00 p.m., 10 p.m., 10:30 p.m., and 11 p.m. Make sure to put information about shuttle times in the guest welcome packages.
2. If you have a small guest list, and you trust everyone to be ready on time, you might just hire one bus to drop off and pick up wedding guests at one specific time. It doesn’t have to be a fancy bus or trolley, a school bus can be decorated and can give the event a fun, festive feeling. If you’re renting a limo or town car for your bridal party, make sure to ask the company if they offer other transportation as well. Booking more than one type of vehicle with the same company may save you money.
3. If you can’t find a shuttle company (make sure to check OneWed.com’s transportation vendor listings) that’s in your budget, talk to the hotel. Frequently hotels have an airport shuttle service that isn’t used very often at night. The hotel may be willing to rent the shuttle to you at a discount. Because the hotel has more experience working with transportation needs, they may also have some good leads for you on less expensive services.
4. When looking at contracts for transportation services, make sure to check for things like minimum hour requirements and charges for mileage. Also, make sure to ask about their drivers’ qualifications. Obviously, all drivers should be licensed and insured.
5. If there’s simply no way to work transportation into your wedding budget then make sure to ask your wedding reception site to have taxis waiting at the end of the evening. It’s much easier to convince a tipsy guest to take a taxi if that taxi is ready and waiting.
Arranging transportation for your wedding guests may seem like one more to-do in an already crowded list, but this sort of thoughtful planning will help your guests relax and enjoy their evening.
Larry’s NOTE: The photo above is compliments of In The Scene Limousine (Chauffeured Transportation for all events), Phoenix, AZ. Call Rachel Romero @ 480-966 1226.
Copyright © 2013 – OneWed.com. OneWed.com is a new breed of digital media, marrying brilliant content with innovative software. Their content is a mix of top wedding bloggers, their editorial team, and their customers. Their software is a planning process and recommendation layer. The result: engagement and trust from an awesome audience and a hybrid SaaS and advertising revenue model. Visit their incredible Website at: http://www.OneWed.com
Larry James is an award winning, non-denominational wedding officiant and performs the most “Romantic” wedding ceremony you will find anywhere! Every wedding ceremony is customized to your complete satisfaction. Call to check availability: 480-998-9411 or Cell: 480-205-3694. Pre-maritial relationship coaching is available and not required. You will find more than 475 pages of Wedding ideas, tips (90 tips and growing), ceremonies, and more at: http://www.celebrateintimateweddings.com. Something NEW about weddings is posted every 4th day on this Wedding BLOG. Check Larry’s availability.
NOTE: All articles, “LoveNotes” and wedding tips listed in this Wedding BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Networking BLOG” at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Authors & Speakers” BLOG at: http://AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.wordpress.com