Jane Johnson, Guest Author –
Use your smartphone to get ready for your big day!
Planning your wedding can be stressful, and you won’t always have time to sit at home on your computer, getting everything together. These apps will let you do almost everything from your phone, so that you can make it to your cake-tasting, dress-fitting, dance lessons and more, without losing track of anything.
1. Wedding Plandroid (Android) – Wedding Plandroid easily takes the top spot for wedding apps. It’s clean, functional, and free—and it accomplishes things that many paid apps don’t. It starts you off with a pre-loaded budget and to-do list from which you can add, edit, or remove whatever you like—so you don’t have to think of everything yourself, but you’re also able to plan for your unique ideas. It also features a countdown to the big day, a to-do list, and a guest and vendor contact list so you can both plan for everyone involved, and contact them as needed. You can track the status of each guest, whether they’ve accepted, declined, RSVP’d, or still haven’t got back to you, so you know who to reach out to as the day gets closer.
2. iBridalGown: Wedding Dress Shopping Assistant (iPhone) – This app was actually designed by the owner of a bridal salon, to help you compare and keep track of all your options as you plan. You can store all relevant information about the dress you have your eye on—style, cost, designer, location, and photos—and quickly compare options with a swipe of your iPhone. iBridalGown also locates vendors in your area, with Yelp ratings so you have some idea of where to look first. For non-fashionista brides, it also includes a glossary, so you’ll be up to speed on all the options available to you, and able to make confident decisions everywhere you shop.
3. Your Big Day (Android) – You can make this app the hub of your planning, with budgeting, guest list, menu options, table layout, and detailed notes for the little things you want at your wedding. Your Big Day shines in the details: you can flag guests who have RSVP’d, set which guests will come in the day and which in the evening, lay out which meal they’ve chosen, and set their exact seating arrangement—then you can send all this information to family, friends, wedding planners, etc. on their LG phones to make sure everyone knows how you want it. Users have commented on the lack of music planning options, but otherwise this is a terrific wedding planner app.
4. Wedding Wire (iPhone) – If you want to lock down your wedding budget a little tighter, this app will help. Wedding Wire tracks each payment you make in the planning process, and helps you remember future purchases you need to make. It also has a handy search tool to help you locate vendors for whatever you need—florists, bakers, catering, planners, dance instructors, etc. It will tell you how many tasks you have yet to complete, and how tightly you’ve stuck to your budget; something both you and your future spouse can appreciate.
5. Bride Guide (iPhone) – This planner app is a little paint-by-numbers, but that might be just what you need to take the pressure off. It gives you a pre-populated list of to-do items, as well as a line-item budget based on industry standards, so you can know approximately what things ought to cost. (You may not have hired ice sculptors or live musicians before, so it helps to have a ballpark figure.) This app is a great solution for people who just want a traditional wedding with as little stress as possible—and if that’s you, Bride Guide will walk you through it.
Larry James is an award winning, non-denominational wedding officiant and performs the most “Romantic” wedding ceremony you will find anywhere! Every wedding ceremony is customized to your complete satisfaction. Call to check availability: 480-998-9411 or 800-725-9223. Pre-maritial relationship coaching is available and not required. You will find more than 470 pages of Wedding ideas, tips (90 tips and growing), ceremonies, and more at: http://www.celebrateintimateweddings.com. Something NEW about weddings is posted every 4th day on this Wedding BLOG. Check Larry’s availability.
NOTE: All articles, “LoveNotes” and wedding tips listed in this Wedding BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Networking BLOG” at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Authors & Speakers” BLOG at: http://AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.wordpress.com