Engaged couples spend lots of time planning for the big day, but not everybody plans well for the big wedding night. This time alone together after the festivities can be incredibly meaningful and romantic. Wedding preparations and celebrations, while exciting, are often stressful and tiring for couples, which can be a major turn-off in the bedroom, even on your wedding night.
The best prescription for romance could be to make your wedding night a leisurely one. It’s your first night together as wife and husband. Make it unforgettable with these intimate tips.
2. Turn Off Your Cell Phones ~ Who do you need to be talking to on your wedding night? Leave your computers at home. When you check in, it is also a good idea to ask the reception desk to hold your calls unless it is an emergency. Be sure to tell the hotel or resort that you are honeymooners. Most will have special surprises that fit the mood of the honeymoon.
3. Get Squeaky clean ~ Do yourself and your partner a favor and make sure that you’re squeaky clean and ready for whatever may come. Think about it – what did you do at the reception? You probably danced all night and consumed lots of alcohol in stuffy, hot clothing. A quick five minute shower will go a long way.
4. Sexy Lingerie ~ Wedding night lingerie can really help the mood. Make sure your undergarments are on point. Pack sexy and elegant lingerie to really impress your new hubby. Buying lingerie is an opportunity for a woman or a man to express their sexuality and men can express their preferences as to what they would like their bride to wear. Purchasing the right lingerie, not just the sexiest or most revealing must be a primary factor at the time of purchase. Guys: Surprise her with some satin skivvies.
5. Hot Hair ~ A great trend is to ask your hair and make-up artist on your wedding day how to recreate the look, or a different one, for when you go away.
6. Fill Your Room With Seductive Fragrance ~ Arrange to have a bouquet of flowers put by the bed, as well as scented candles. From sweet and seductive, to musky and alluring, choosing your scent can help create your mood… and his!
7. Raise a Glass ~ Ask your venue to make sure there is a bottle of Champagne waiting inside the bridal suite at the end of the day.
8. Romantic Music – Set the Mood ~ Download your favorite love songs onto your iPhone or MP3 Player. Most hotels provide a docking station; check with them before you arrive or pack your own for that perfect ambiance!
9. Breathe… Relax… ~ A wedding night does not necessarily mean jumping into bed right away. Take things slowly. Savor this moment. Take a few minutes to talk about the magic of your wedding – the parts you loved the most, and how you feel about each other. Take some time to enjoy each other. Real intimacy in marriage is not just about sex. It’s about connecting in all areas – mentally, emotionally, spiritually. Kiss, hug, laugh, and love. The rest will come naturally
10. Pamper Each Other ~ Give each other foot massages, and progress as slowly – or as quickly – as you like to a sensual full-body massage. Remember to pack the oils that you will need.
Bonus Tip: Go easy on the booze at your wedding reception. Alcohol can keep you from having really good wedding night sex! If you’re too exhausted or tipsy for foreplay (that is important, you know!), sex isn’t going to be so great. Your first time as a married couple should be special, and if you’re too beat to do anything more than to just go throught the motions, consider having your “wedding night” the next morning. You’ll still be in your wedding night bed, with the excitement and stimulated with the adrenaline of the day before, but you’ll be more rested.
You don’t have to have a perfect wedding night. In fact, most couples will tell you that they did not have a picture perfect wedding night. However, your wedding night can turn into a disaster if you haven’t done any prior planning. Some couples might even choose to practice celibacy in the run-up to their wedding. While this won’t be a choice for everybody, it could certainly help store up all that passion and make the wedding night be one to remember. Do something romantic and out of the ordinary for one another to show how happy you are to finally be married. Savor the romance, whether it leads to an evening of exciting sex or not.
One final note: Although, traditionally, women have been in charge of birth control, that paradigm has shifted over the past 50 years. Condoms, diaphragms, the pill… whatever you pick, be real honest about who is in charge of protecting the goods long before your wedding night encounter, or you might be celebrating a honeymoon baby in nine months.
If you plan ahead for your wedding night and follow some of these tips, you will find your sex life will be joyful, and if you keep things light and fun on your wedding night, your marriage will be off to a good start in the intimacy department.
BONUS Articles: Will Sex on Your Wedding Night Be Unforgettable or Should You Fugetaboutit?
Wedding Night Whoopee: Hot ‘n Heavy or Hype?
Honeymoon Q & A
Everything You Need to Know About Passports, & More
Copyright © 2014 – Larry James. This information is adapted from Larry’s Wedding Website and Wedding Blog. Larry James is a non-denominational minister and performs the most “Romantic” wedding ceremony you will find anywhere! Every wedding ceremony is customized to your complete satisfaction. Call to check availability: 480-998-9411 or 800-725-9223. You will find more than 475 pages of Wedding ideas, tips (90 tips and growing), ceremonies, and more at: http://www.celebrateintimateweddings.com. Check Larry’s availability.
NOTE: All articles, “LoveNotes” and wedding tips listed in this Wedding BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Networking BLOG” at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com
Lots of Wedding Ideas on: Larry’s Pinterest Page