Almost all women would happily admit that they love diamonds, but many of you might not know these 5 surprising facts about our “best friends”:
1. All diamonds are at least 990,000,000 years old. Many are 3,200,000,000 years old!
2. The largest engagement ring in history was given to Elizabeth Taylor by Michael Todd. Her amazing emerald-cut diamond ring weighed in at almost 69 carats.
3. The Victoria’s Secret’s Black Diamond Bra was set with 3,575 black diamonds, 117 round cut 1-carat diamonds and 2 black diamond drops. Value: $5,000.000.00. Designed by jeweler Martin Katz, the bra also features two black diamonds that total more than 100 carats. Talk about some serious bosom bling! (Larry’s Note: Photo not available at press time. ;-))
4. If you put a diamond on your tongue, your tongue will begin to cool because the diamond is the best conductor of heat (basically the diamond transfers the heat from your tongue into the air).
5. The first well-documented use of a diamond ring to signify engagement was by the Archduke Maximilian of Austria in 1477, upon his betrothal to Mary of Burgundy.
BONUS Article: Size Does NOT Matter… or Does it?
Copyright © 2012 – MissNowMrs.com.
Larry James is a non-denominational minister and performs the most “Romantic” wedding ceremony you will find anywhere! Every wedding ceremony is customized to your complete satisfaction. Call to check availability: 480-998-9411 or 800-725-9223. You will find more than 470 pages of Wedding ideas, tips (90 tips and growing), ceremonies, and more at: http://www.celebrateintimateweddings.com. Something NEW about weddings is posted every 4th day on this Wedding BLOG. Check Larry’s availability.
NOTE: All articles, “LoveNotes” and wedding tips listed in this Wedding BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Networking BLOG” at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com