Listed below are some of the “best” blog posts as determined by the amount of views from our loyal visitors. “Larry James’ CelebrateIntimateWeddings BLOG” gets between 250 to 325 hits each day! Click on the article title. Each article opens in a new browser window.
1. Interviewing a Wedding Officiant? – Bring Lots of Questions! – Here is a list of questions you should ask any wedding officiant or minister that you consider hiring to perform your wedding ceremony. A professional wedding officiant will be willing to answer all of your questions. If you have never hired a wedding officiant or minister before, you may not know what questions to ask. Here are a few questions you might consider asking.
2. Your Wedding is “YOUR” Wedding! – Remember, your wedding is “your” wedding, not your mothers or your future mother-in-law’s wedding. Use tact and plenty of it. You may need to remind your relatives that they had their wedding the way they wanted it and now it’s your turn. If you must, give in a little – on both sides of the family – however if it’s something that you absolutely do not want to be a part of the wedding, take a time-out to think about how you can tactfully say no.
3. Prepare an Emergency Bag – Although you may not need all of the items, to be on the safe side, you might want to pack a “beauty bag” (emergency pouch) to bring with you on the big day. Follow the link on this page to a comprehensive list of things you may need on your wedding day.
4. How to Get the Most From a Bridal Show – Attending a bridal show can be most helpful in planning your wedding. They are exciting, festive and full of terrific ideas. You will be able to meet and ask questions from many wedding professionals all under one roof. You will want to gather information, compare prices and services, register for prizes, see the latest fashions, get great new ideas and just have fun. Here are some tips that will help you get the most from your bridal show experience.
5. Getting Married in Arizona? Here’s the Latest Scoop! – Getting married in Arizona? It’s not called the “Valley of the Sun” for nothing. However, you rarely will find yourself freaking out about the weather in Arizona. Outdoor weddings are romantic and beautiful. The ideal weather encourages lots of couples to plan a destination wedding in the Greater Phoenix area. Most wedding vendors are experienced in handling all the details of your wedding by telephone and e-mail.
6. The Do’s & Do Not’s of Working Successfully with Your Wedding Vendors – In the busyness of planning a wedding it is sometimes easy to forget the business of doing it, too. Mrs. Hancock’s Wedding Consulting and Planning Services has very graciously provided the following tips for making the best of your relationships with your vendors.
7. Serving Her Majesty the Bride: To Be a Maid of Honor. . . or Not – As Maid of Honor the Bride’s chief attendant and personal confidante – you have to keep things organized and under control as well as being her “crisis counselor.” Maids of Honor are chosen for their emotional stability and composure. You will offer moral support and assist with virtually every aspect of the pre-wedding planning all the way to the end of the wedding. Part of your job is to make the entire process as stress-free as possible. You will be expected to give her your full attention on the day of the wedding and be ready to handle anything that comes up.
8. Tips for Wedding Guests: How to Avoid Embarrassing Faux Pas – While advice and how-tos for Brides and Grooms are plentiful, many guests are still left with lingering questions about wedding day etiquette (often called wediquette). It is an honor to be included in a couple’s special day – and it’s usually a ton of fun – there are a few guidelines wedding guests should be aware of. Here are a few Do’s and Don’ts plus a few additional tips to help guests avoid embarrassing faux pas and ensure a day of celebration for all.
9. Tie Up Your Loose Ends Before You Tie The Knot – What are “loose ends,” you say? Loose ends are distracting and have an amazing way of biting you in the butt, especially if you wait until you’ve already tied the knot. They take your focus off of doing what it takes for a marriage to be healthy and to succeed. Before marriage is the right time to learn as much about each other as possible so you can enter this union confident your marriage will last a lifetime.
10. No Thanks! A Family Friend Will Perform Our Wedding Ceremony – It this really a good idea? You better think about this some more! You guessed it. There are several downsides and many pitfalls to consider. This is the most special day in your life and you want to hand this important aspect of your wedding to an amateur? I know they mean well, but if you want your wedding ceremony to be memorable you need a trained wedding professional. They have performed hundreds of wedding ceremonies and know all the ins and outs of the wedding business.
11. Treat your Wedding Vendors with Love! – You’ve had your big day! No unexpected hitches! Everything flowed smoothly. And hopefully a terrific honeymoon. What’s next? Here is a list of several ideas that show that you appreciate the fine work the vendors do.
12. Four Wedding Hot Spots on the Internet – There are four wedding hot spots on the Internet that you should know about if you or any of your friends are planning a wedding! Read more.
Listed above are only the top 12 “best of” blog posts. For a full list of more wedding articles, tips, etc., visit the Wedding Articles Index.
Unless otherwise noted, all wedding articles, tips, etc., were written by Larry James. NOTE: All articles, “LoveNotes” and wedding tips listed in this Wedding BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Copyright © 2011 – Larry James. This idea is adapted from Larry’s “romantic” Wedding Ceremony. Larry James is an award winning, non-denominational wedding officiant and performs the most “Romantic” wedding ceremony you will find anywhere! Every wedding ceremony is customized to your complete satisfaction. Call to check availability: 480-998-9411 or 800-725-9223. Pre-maritial relationship coaching is available and not required. You will find more than 470 pages of Wedding ideas, tips (90 tips and growing), ceremonies, and more at: http://www.celebrateintimateweddings.com. Something NEW about weddings is posted every 4th day on this Wedding BLOG. Check Larry’s availability.
NOTE: All articles, “LoveNotes” and wedding tips listed in this Wedding BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Networking BLOG” at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Authors & Speakers” BLOG at: http://AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.wordpress.com