Leah Messenger, Guest Author
Planning a wedding can be stressful! So, bridesmaids, take note. Here are five things that you do that really, really annoy the bride – even if she’s not saying so…
1. Being impossible to contact ~ Bridesmaids being difficult or impossible to contact is a huge problem. We’re not saying it’s compulsory for your bridesmaids’ phones to be in their hands at all times, and kept on loud on their pillow whilst they sleep, but the role comes with certain responsibilities and one of them is being contactable at certain times.
2. Being fussy about dresses ~ Choosing a dress style that suits lots of different body shapes is a hard enough task by itself without adding a fussy bridesmaid into the equation. Don’t put your bridesmaids in dresses that don’t suit them or they don’t feel comfortable in, but don’t succumb to a moody best friend just because you didn’t get the dress SHE wanted most.
3. Not getting on with other bridesmaids ~ You want the whole of the bridal party to get on! Through the planning process, through to the wedding day, you’re all going to be spending a lot of time with each other. Maybe one of your maids hasn’t taken a liking to one of your other maids? This causes tension within the bridal party, whether it’s kept quiet or seen through out-right arguments. Resolution?
At the end of the day, it’s your wedding and you’ve chosen your best girls to be right next to you the whole way through it, so let her know and realize her mistakes! Arranging ‘get-to-know-each-other’ activities is a great idea to get the bonding started.
4. Making a mess ~ Girls are well known for being a bit messy when it comes to getting ready. Clothes scattered across the floor, make-up all over the place and so on. Whilst this is ok in their own bedrooms no one wants a messy bridesmaid in the bridal suite! Each girl should bring a little bag with everything they need for the big day and get ready as soon as possible, leaving a calm and tidy room where the bride can relax before her big entrance.
5. Not listening ~ Having your bridesmaids ask you the same details over and over again is not ideal when you’ve got so much to do. You don’t want to be bombarded by questions because your bridesmaids didn’t listen to you in the first place! We’re sure that you’ll have a to-do list for your wedding planning and for your big day – hand one over to each of your bridesmaids, or assign them specific tasks, and make sure they are in complete understanding prior to your day to avoid any hassle.
6. Uploading photos on social media ~ Everyone loves a good bride and bridesmaids photograph – but wait! Your bride may not want unofficial shots plastered all over Instagram even before she’s cut her cake! Make sure you let your maids know about how you feel about your wedding photos on Facebook. Have an acceptable social media plan in mind, and tell your chief bridesmaid who can spread the word.
BONUS Articles: 8 Ways to Guarantee Happy Bridesmaids
Cloned “look alike” Bridesmaids
Brides! Should You Fire Your Bridesmaid?
So, You’re a Bridesmaid… What Now?
6 Tips on How to Avoid Embarrassment as the Bridesmaid!
Copyright © 2015 – Leah Messenger. Leah is a writer for Wedding Ideas Magazine featuring hundreds of ideas for weddings, honeymoons and more.
Larry James is an award winning, non-denominational wedding officiant and performs the most “Romantic” wedding ceremony you will find anywhere! Every wedding ceremony is customized to your complete satisfaction. Call to check availability: Cell: 480-205-3694. Pre-maritial relationship coaching is available and not required. You will find more than 475 pages of Wedding ideas, tips (90 tips and growing), ceremonies, and more at: http://www.celebrateintimateweddings.com. Something NEW about weddings is posted every 4th day on this Wedding BLOG. Check Larry’s availability.
Click for Archives! ~ Subscribe to Larry’s FREE monthly “LoveNotes for Lovers” eZINE. Contact: CelebrateLove.com, P.O. Box 12695, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2695. – CelebrateLove.com and CelebrateIntimateWeddings.com
NOTE: All articles, “LoveNotes” and wedding tips listed in this Wedding BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Networking BLOG” at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com
Lots of Wedding Ideas on: Larry’s Pinterest Page