Jennifer Nichole, Guest Author
Other than just being generally annoying, lack of RSVPs could mean that your guests won’t have enough food, tables or chairs to go around at the reception. If you’ve only heard crickets on the RSVP front, these are some reasons why.
1. You didn’t make it easy. Don’t just write “Please RSVP” in the invitation and hope for the best. The fewer obstacles people have, the higher the chance they’ll respond. Include an RSVP card in each invitation. Even better, include a pre-paid envelope as well.
2. You didn’t give multiple ways to respond. In this day and age, more people are living and working digitally. Do your guests a favor and give them info on RSVPing to your Facebook account, in addition to snail mail.
3. You didn’t give a deadline. It’s an easy mistake, but a costly one. Before you finalize your invitation designs, make sure you give a deadline for RSVPing. Set it for at least three weeks before your wedding.
4. You didn’t ask for a declined invite. Some brides say to RSVP only if you’re coming, but this can cause a problem. What if the guest just forgot to send it along? Instead, ask guests to respond with their answer, whether “yes” or “no.”
5. You didn’t follow up. It’s three weeks until your wedding and you still haven’t heard from everyone. Time to make some phone calls! As prepared as you can be and as clear as your invitations are, you’ll still probably end up with people who don’t respond. Call them and ask for a final answer. If you don’t have the time, ask a bridesmaid to do it.
Now that you know where you could go wrong, plan out your RSVP process ahead of time so you have accurate guest talleys on your big day.
Copyright © 2013 – Jennifer Nichole. Jannifer strives to help every bride and groom prepare for their special day. It’s her belief that the little things – a favor, a gesture, a simple thought put into action – speak volumes in all the special occasions of your lives. See more at: http://blog.MyWeddingFavors.com
Larry James is a professional speaker, author, relationship coach and an award winning nondenominational Wedding Officiant. He performs the most “Romantic” wedding ceremony you will find anywhere. Something NEW about relationships is posted every 4th day on this Relationships BLOG.
NOTE: All articles and “LoveNotes” listed in this BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Wedding BLOG” at: http://CelebrateIntimateWeddings.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Networking BLOG” at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com