Here are a few ideas for favors at your reception. It’s important that your day is not only a reflection of your love as a couple; but it’s also important to show your gratitude to your guests from coming and being part of your celebration. Your selection of unique wedding favors will be a great way to show your guests how much you appreciate their support. Not many of us want to go home with a trinket that will gather dust in our home or be thrown away the next day. Give guests something they can have fun with long after the wedding is over – something they can use.
• Everyone loves to listen to music and photos. Purchase a bunch of USB flash drives in your wedding colors. Upload a slideshow filled with photos of the two of you over the years and have your DJ set it to music from your music playlist.
• Say “bon voyage” to guests with luggage tags that will remind them of your day on all their future travels. Customizable colors, monograms and patterns let you personalize these useful and stylish favors. You may want to go with colorful passport covers for an affair hosted abroad.
• Celebrating your Love in Arizona? Give your traveling guests a practical gift that will keep them well-protected while they’re in town and spending time in the Arizona sun. Purchase travel-size bottles of sunblock and customize the label with your names, wedding date and colors.
• Looking for a festive favor for you Mexican themed wedding? Give shakers out at the ceremony for guests to shake as you walk back down the aisle. Use them again at the reception for a fun dance-floor accessory. Throw in some sombreros and place some extra maracas in your photo booth as props.
• If your wedding is in Arizona be sure to let guests know that they need to keep hydrated. Give them customized water bottles with your names and date of your wedding. Personalized lip balm is also great as a favor.
• Getting married on a beach? Make some little tubes of beach sand – a perfect little keepsake!
• Cookies in CD sleeves. Love the idea of giving out baked goods but not sure how to package them? Try using paper CD sleeves! Bake or buy your favorite cookies, slip them into the CD sleeve, and smack a cute label on them with your names and wedding date.
• How about a “Thank you!” CD? Before the wedding, film a short video of you and your fiancé thanking everyone who was there to support you. Have some fun with this project – maybe write a little song or poem, or even put on a short skit re-enacting how you met. Above all, make sure you express how grateful you are for all your friends and family.
• Put your own photo or special message on M&Ms® and offer them as wedding favors at your reception. You can create personalized wedding favors by printing your own words on the candy. M&M’S® Chocolate Candies deliver fun and a smile! To find out how to order, click here!
Many popular websites that offer favors for sale are priced anywhere from 75 cents each to $2 to $3 and up. One hundred guests at $2.00 each will cost you $200 plus postage and handling.
“Favors can be pricey, particularly when you have a large guest list. However, don’t fall victim of buying a cheap favor for the sake of having something. A cheap favor that guests will never use, keep, or remember isn’t worth a penny. Instead, make something at home that’s inexpensive – yet heartfelt – like a batch of sugar cookies. Place one cookie in a brown paper bag and a decorative stamp. Easy? Yes. Better and cheaper than store-bought? You betcha.” ~ EmmalineBride.com
Copyright © 2013 – Larry James. Larry James is an award winning, non-denominational wedding officiant and performs the most “Romantic” wedding ceremony you will find anywhere! Every wedding ceremony is customized to your complete satisfaction. Call to check availability: 480-998-9411 or Cell: 480-205-3694. Pre-maritial relationship coaching is available and not required. You will find more than 475 pages of Wedding ideas, tips (96 tips and growing), ceremonies, and more at: http://www.celebrateintimateweddings.com. Something NEW about weddings is posted every 4th day on this Wedding BLOG. Check Larry’s availability.
NOTE: All articles, “LoveNotes” and wedding tips listed in this Wedding BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Networking BLOG” at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Authors & Speakers” BLOG at: http://AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.wordpress.com