Alexis “Ally” Asbe, Guest Author
• There is something special about a bride who wants to wear her mother’s wedding dress.
• Sing a song for your love, do a dance, read a poem, play a guitar, or anything else.
• Eat hot dogs at your wedding if you like hot dogs.
• Plan a dance that the entire bridal party does when walking into the reception.
• Practice a first dance (with a twist) with your love.
• Have performers at your wedding – jugglers, fire-eaters, or some other crazy group.
• Thank about a photo booth at your wedding where guests can take pictures of themselves celebrating.
• Do the chicken dance… if you like.
• Write out the story of how you and your love met and share it with everyone (or act it out).
• Use antiques or items from other family weddings in your décor.
• Serve food that is of your love’s ethnic origin.
• Look for how your wedding dress can incorporate your family history – tie your bouquet with lce from one of your family’s wedding outfits.
• Ask your relatives to share stories of their weddings.
• Frame wedding or family photos of your relatives at an entry, gift or cake table.
• Celebrate your ethnicity – maybe in your dress or your jewelry.
• Have your wedding cake or dessert made with your family’s secret ingredient (maybe you share what it is, maybe you don’t.
• Follow a family tradition that rings true for you.
• Let your guests know that how the details of your wedding are related to you. Celebrate their marriages.
• Remember to breathe! Trying to have everything fit in and trying to have everything be scheduled down to the second is a recipe for exhaustion and stress. Slow down and breathe.
• Keep your smile on all day.
• Revel in the “feeling” of your wedding and less about the details. Smile. Think about how people you love make you feel. And finally… tell them.
• At the end… treat the entire wedding guests to a surprise fireworks display.
Larry’s Book Review: “At the Alter in Your Underwear” is a fun book to read. You’ll find some of the best and most practical advice I’ve ever read about weddings. Get a good chuckle from Chapter 8! Ally Asbe’s words will assist brides in having less stress and fewer anxieties about the big day. Best read with a yellow highlighter!”
Copyright 2013 Alexis Asbe. Adapted from the book, “At the Altar in Your Underwear.” Alexis “Ally” Asbe has designed and consulted for over 3000 weddings and events. She is the bestselling author of “At the Altar in Your Underwear: 40 secrets to an amazing wedding and a better you!” She is currently a consultant, writer and speaker devoted to styling your heart, your life and soon to be your best friend… Get in your underwear with her at AllyAsbe.com.
Larry James is an award winning, non-denominational wedding officiant and performs the most “Romantic” wedding ceremony you will find anywhere! Every wedding ceremony is customized to your complete satisfaction. Call to check availability: 480-998-9411 or Cell: 480-205-3694. Pre-maritial relationship coaching is available and not required. You will find more than 475 pages of Wedding ideas, tips (90 tips and growing), ceremonies, and more at: http://www.celebrateintimateweddings.com. Something NEW about weddings is posted every 4th day on this Wedding BLOG. Check Larry’s availability.
NOTE: All articles, “LoveNotes” and wedding tips listed in this Wedding BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Networking BLOG” at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Authors & Speakers” BLOG at: http://AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.wordpress.com