Mrs. Hancock, President and Founder & Amy Bacon, Wedding Division Head, Guest Authors
Shopping for that special dress is such an exciting time! Of course, if your friends were Drama and Turtle (from HBO’s show Entourage), you’d be in and out of there in a jiffy; however we know the truth of the matter. Here are a few tips that will assist you and your Bridal Shop owner have a fantastic shopping experience:
1. For the very best service, please make an appointment! Call your Dress Shop owner, make an appointment and ask if it’s alright if you bring 7 people with you. Space may be at a premium; with perhaps a lack of seating. We’d prefer to see you bring only 1 to 3 others and have that small entourage be comfortable. Comfort is key when shopping. If you can go in the middle of the week or during the day or evening, the chances are you may have the place mostly to yourselves. Worst day of the week: Saturday.
2. Dress Shop owners prefer that very small children remain at home. Crying children disrupts others and as dresses and other items in the store are fragile and sometimes expensive, children running about worry Shop owners; this many times add a level of frustration and pulls focus. It’s all about you, not your Maid of Honor’s 4-year old. Please remember to be respectful of the other Brides and their friends in the shop.
3. Do your research. Think on your venue. The flowers you like, formal or cocktail; your body type, color palette, etc. These are all important things to consider before shopping. If you can pull magazine photos to share with the dress shop specialist, it will help them assist you! You may not want a formal dress if you’re having a Sunday Brunch wedding, for example.
4. Consider bringing only your most trusted advisors. Your dress is your dress and it’s your opinion that truly matters. However, should you feel bringing 7 people is what you need, then please ask that your young ladies be positive and supportive. We want you to find the perfect gown and other people’s opinions are just that.
5. Fuel up! Be sure to eat the day of, so that you have the energy to get through the event. Driving all over the Valley will be tough when you’re hungry; keep the “crankies” at bay. Drink plenty of water. Consider having a dutch-lunch, breakfast or hosted brunch prior to your outing and make it a lovely and memorable event. Consider bringing bottled water and snacks; granola bars, a bag of veggies, or unsalted almonds are perfect! Don’t drink alcohol for 48-hours before shopping and lower your salt intake to avoid swelling.
6. Dress for the occasion! Multiple layers cause changing issues. Consider a sun dress and bring a couple of different styles of brassieres and shoes; maybe a pair or two of earrings.
7. Most Brides want to lose some weight prior to their wedding day; that’s fine. Please don’t spend time judging yourself and your weight. Need to lose 10 pounds, not a problem! It’s about the dress. Don’t go to that ‘poor me’ place. Have FUN!
8. If you’re an older bride or are on your 3rd or 4th marriage. . . consider something other than white (at least for a minute). Mix it up! Try Silver or Gold, tea length and stand out as a woman of a certain age.
9. You’re always welcome to return if need be. You don’t have to pick a gown that day. Mull; consider and make the best possible choice for the time of day, time of year, inside or outside ceremony and, your figure.
Copyright © 2011 – Mrs. Hancock & Amy Bacon. Reprinted with permission. Amy Bacon is the Wedding Division Head for Mrs. Hancock’s Inc., and has over 8 years of experience planning and coordinating weddings. Amy is consistently recognized for her excellent work ethic and dedication. Her strong communication and interpersonal skills easily wins her client’s confidence. Amy is diplomatic in difficult and stressful situations and is a resourceful problem solver; analyzing situations rapidly, making decisions and meeting demanding objectives. Visit their Website and Blog or call 602-762-1174.
Larry James is a non-denominational minister and performs the most “Romantic” wedding ceremony you will find anywhere! Every wedding ceremony is customized to your complete satisfaction. Call to check availability: 480-998-9411 or 800-725-9223. You will find more than 460 pages of Wedding ideas, tips (90 tips and growing), ceremonies, and more at: http://www.celebrateintimateweddings.com. Something NEW about weddings is posted every 4th day on this Wedding BLOG. Check Larry’s availability.
NOTE: All articles, “LoveNotes” and wedding tips listed in this Wedding BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Networking BLOG” at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com